Basically, anything that seems even slightly “out of place” or that is occurring at an unusual time of day could be criminal activity. Some of the most obvious things to watch for and report include:
- A stranger entering your neighbor’s house when it is unoccupied may be a burglar.
- A scream heard anywhere could mean robbery or assault.
- Anyone removing accessories, license plates or gasoline from a car should be reported.
- Anyone looking into a parked car may be looking for a car to steal or valuables left in the car.
- The sound of breaking glass or loud explosive noises could mean an accident, housebreaking or vandalizing.
If you notice anything suspicious, don’t hesitate to call the police. For more information on what information the police need, click here.